Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Simon says " What are you doing?"

    Today we were playing Simon Says, and once again my hilarious son was showing his out of the box thinking. 
   When I said " Simon says touch your toes"  my older daughter and toddler son instantly touched their toes.  By the way, it is so cute watching a 16 month old play Simon Says.   My creative thinker however ran for his bat, reached over, picked it up , and then used it to touch his toes! 
   When I said " Simon says reach your arms as high as you can"  he took me literally.  While the other two were reaching their hands into the sky, he ran over, picked up his step stool, jumped on top of it and then started reaching.
    I am not sure if I should be impressed or bewildered. 
    Today he also decided to be Mr. Fix It.  Now I encourage and praise chores and any form of helping, but when he decides to "fix" things I am always more than a little anxious.  He helped me fix a wobbly chair with his power drill, and that went relatively well. 

                    Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might. Ecc.9:10                                        
     Buoyed by his success and my praise, he wandered off to another room.  When I heard him yelling
" Mom, look what I did.  I helped you!"  I went running. 
     Somehow this child had managed with a narrow ended little race car, and a plastic hammer, to take off a large section of our decorative wood trim.  YIKES! 
    If nothing else, he is creative, resourceful, and determined.  At least that is what I keep saying to myself. :)  He makes me laugh and cry at the same time.  What a child!

1 comment: